Processing a Refund
Refunding a customer order is easy! Because all funds are directed to your Stripe Account, you will process refunds through your Stripe Dashboard. Here is how your do it:
- Log into your Stripe Account
- Click on the “Payments” button in the side navigation bar. Doing so will pull up a list of all orders placed.
- Click on the order you wish to refund.
- Click on the “Refund” button at the top of the page.
- Follow any steps/confirmation required by Stripe.
IMPORTANT: Refund payments will be drafted from the current balance in your Stripe Account. If your balance has insufficient funds to complete the refund request, Stripe will debit the amount from the bank account you have connected.
There are no processing fees when issuing a refund. However, the Stripe processing fee that was taken from the original transaction will not be refunded. You can refund the full amount (you cover the original processing fee), or you can select a custom refund amount.